|Unit 2 HeroesLesson 3 Sports Stars 教学设计(北师大版英语高一)
|中学英语教学资源网 → 英语教案 → 教学设计 2016-10-26 手机版|
Unit 2 Heroes
Lesson 3 Sports Stars
1) Knowledge Objectives
Key vocabulary (By the end of the lesson, students should be able to use the new words.)
Content of the reading material (Students can get the general idea of describing a sports star.)
2) Ability Objectives
Rising reading speed (Students can finish reading in the limited time.)
Accumulating reading skills (Students can learn how to pick out the key information of an article.)
Learning to describe a sports star.
3) Moral Objectives
After reading, students should learn to appreciate others, learn to study some good qualities from others.
1) Help the students to master the key words: (especially some adjectives) champion, amazing…
2) Train the students to use some positive and negative adjectives to express their opinions about a person. E.g.:
A: Why do you like him?
B: In my opinion, he is a brilliant player. He is very skillful and smart.
A: Yes, I agree. I think he is great. / I don’t agree with you. I think he is too short.
3) Improve the students’ reading skills.
1) How to grasp the key information of an article in the limited time.
2) How to describe a sports star.
3) How to conclude the general idea of each paragraph.
4) How to suggest a suitable title for the text.
Ask the students to do pair work to master the expressions well and practice their speaking skills.
2) Communicative method:
Asks questions and evaluate the students’ answers.
Power point, some chalks, a blackboard.
Length of Teaching：45 minutes (one period)
Step 1: Greetings. (1 min)
Good morning, everyone! It’s a lovely day today, right? Yesterday I saw some students doing sports on the playground. Do you like sports? So, today we are going to learn something about sports, Lesson 3 Sports stars. First, I’d like to get some information about you. Please look at the screen.
Step 2: Warming-up (5 mins)
Let students think about these questions, and invite some of them to answer.
1. Do you like sports? What’s your favorite sport?
2. Who is your favorite sport star? Why do you like him?
At the same time, use PPT to show some pictures about sports and sports stars to help them, and list some key words:
Positive: brilliant, fast, skillful, smart, strong, useful.
Negative: awful, boring, lazy, slow, terrible, useless, weak
Invite students to give out more adjectives to describe sports stars.
Step 3: Before reading (5 mins)
Let students make a dialogue; they can use the words they have learnt. An example will be given at first.
A: Who is your favorite sports star?
B: My favorite sports star is Li Xiaopeng .
A: Why do you like him?
B: In my opinion, he is a brilliant player. He is very fast and skillful.
A: Yes, I agree. I think he is very smart. / But I don’t agree with you. I think he is too short.
Step 4: Reviewing reading strategy-----prediction (1min)
Review the reading strategy they have learnt in Unit1.
Give students 1min to look at the pictures in the book, and let them to read the first two or three lines of the text. Then, ask them to guess what the article is going to be about. Invite several students to guess.
Step 5: Fast-reading (5mins)
Give the students 5mins to read the two articles, then, ask students to finish the following tasks.
2. Find out the words on Page 26 in the text.
3. Do true or false questions.
(1) Venus has a higher position in the field of tennis than Serena. ( )
(2) In 1991, the sisters and their family moved to a safer area. ( )
(3) Their mother trained them hard to play tennis. ( )
(4) Today, the two sisters are studying music at college. ( )
(5) In 2002 and 2003, Venus was the women’s singles champion at Wimbledon. ( )
(6) Tennis has never caused problems between the sisters. ( )
Step 6: Vocabulary Learning (10mins)
Use PPT to show both Chinese and English explanations of the new words, and ask students to match them. Then, teach them to read, and make sentences with these words, so the students can understand and remember them easily.
Champion very surprising ( adj 令人惊异的)
Compete a person who wins the first in a competition (n 冠军)
Amazing try to win or get something In competition with someone else (v 比赛；竞争)
At the same time, the teacher gives some related phrases. e.g.
compete with somebody 和某人竞争
compete in something 在某项目中竞争
teaching career 教育生涯
take by violence 强夺
Step 7: Intensive Reading (10mins)
Let students look though the following questions at first, in order to know what kind of information should be pay more attention to while reading.
Then, ask students to read the texts again carefully, and finish the following questions. Questions:
1. Why are the sisters unusual?
2. What kind of background are they from?
3. Who helped them to succeed?
4. Why did their mother teach them at home?
5. How do the two sisters get on at home?
Check the answer. At the same time, ask students whether they still have doubts about the texts.
Step 8: Consolidating the knowledge (5mins)
1) Use one sentence to conclude the brief meaning of each paragraph.
Para 1: Brief introduction of Venus and Serena’s position in the tennis world.
Para 2: The living background of Williams’ sisters.
Para 3: How the sisters’ parents influenced them.
Para 4: The sisters’ road to succeed and their relationship
2) Suggest a title for the text.
A. Sister Champions
B. Tennis Queens
C. Champion Flowers
D. Black Pearls
So the students can get the general frame of the article and learn how to use key information to conclude a passage, at the same time, review the vocabulary.
Step 9: Dealing with students’ questions (2mins)
Step 10: Summary (1min)
In this class, we have learnt some new words champion, amazing and so on. Then, we have known the content about the text through fast-reading and intensive-reading. We also have concluded the meaning of each paragraph and have suggested several titles for the article.
1. Write a short passage about your favorite sports star (or other famous persons) in about 150 words.
2. Remember the new words and read the article at least 3 times.
3. Preview the grammar on page 27, and we will deal with it in the next class.